Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Spend the Budget Wisely

Safety comes 1st. How many of us really do that when we 1st bought our bike? I'm sure that 90% above, spent on bike, then only safety equipments. And i'm pretty sure, 90% of us 1st ride without helmet. Is it? I might be wrong, but that's what i saw in the realistic.

You are able to spend 4k,10k,20k for your bike, why not a small little RM200 for basic equipments? What do i mean by safety equipments? They are helmet and gloves. A lot of people said that frame size come 1st b4 anything when u buy a bike. Nothing wrong with that statement, but if u were to ride the bike, safety should come 1st b4 anything.

How much you value your safety?

Let stop all the rubbish talks, this topic is actually to guide you what bike to buy @ certain Range of Budget. I will suggest the best buy and it might subject to change due to preference (example: riding style) and all comments below made without any intention to provoke anybody.

I'm a student/new to mtb. My budget 1k. What bike should i go for?
"RockBike/Nexus Xcalibur"
Both bike basically using the same parts. Alloy frame, double wall rims and 9speed. With the RM1k u can either get 1 of them and it is more than enough to get a Helmet and a pair of gloves.

My budget is around 2k, and i look for something better. Any suggestion?
Brand New, i highly recommand you KHS Alite 1000/1000D, they are simply the best value for the money. 9 speed with deore or X7 parts. The spec might differ with the official webpage due to some unforseen reason. What are they? Ask the retailer for more information.

I earn a little more than others. I got budget around 2k to 4k. I dont mind have 2nd bike if the condition is good. Pls suggest.
This is a pretty good budget. If were to spot on 2nd hand bike, u might able to get higher ends. How high is that? Probably around 25 lbs (only applicable if u look for XC bike).

I want brand new. My budget4k-6k. I dont want anything used. I'm allegic to other's people ass.
With this budget, you can get a pretty high end XC hardtail. And probably around 23-25lbs. The weight is only an estimation and it might vary from what u'll get. Air Fork + X9/XT parts. And good wheelset too.

10k? - probably u can get a super lightweigh bike with carbon frame + XTR + carbon cockpit + Cross max.

20K?- halo dude, you are fucking rich. Buy Ti bike.

Anyway, remember that. Safety come first b4 ride. Spare some money for basic safety equipments. Hope these junk can helps. Leave your comment down there.

:::Hardtail'ers:::
Cs The Major
:::Hardtail'ers Resort:::