Saturday, April 21, 2007

Jungle trekking at Dusun Eco Resort


IMG_1604, originally uploaded by NKeong.

Since taking up MTBiking, never have I thought that I'll be entering jungle or forest without my bike... But last weekend, joining my kids at their camp, I never knew walking through trails could be so much fun !

It was so long ago since my previous nite walk through the jungle / forest.. Probably during the times when I was in Scout (form 2). We had a 2 hours nite walk.. Divided into 4 groups, each leader had only 1 candle. Helping the kids move along, I ended up being at the tail end of the whole group..

The next day, we were treated with a 3 hours jungle trekking.. At the starting, I felt so regret that I didn't brought my bike along ! The trails there are really nicely hard packed soil, rutted and roots... Long steady steep descent ! But of course you'll have to endure the long hard pedal / push uphill.. But the trails we went through are not all meant for MTBs. Some parts we even had problems climbing / walking down. Had to use the assistant of a rope to safely move down. Really have to get down and dirty, at some point...

Anyhow we were treated with the nice cool waterfall ! After 2 hours of hiking.. The cold cool waters was somewhat refreshing..

I wouldn't mind trading my bike for hiking boots, just for 1 weekend - only ! Tomorrow is gonna be riding Sunday, after a very long break for few of us here. So don't really know what to expect from the ride.. Stay tuned to find out in our next blog...

~::NK the wOOfer::~

No comments: