Tuesday, February 20, 2007

20 Feb '07 : short ride = short blog

As the title says it, 20 Feb '07 was just a short ride for us ; Keat, Jackson and myself. We went Kiara for our short ride. Actually stuffs that happened before the ride is more interesting than the ride itself.. So before I get to the ride, some history lesson is required...

It was a 4 day weekend holiday for me, as it is the Chinese New Year. We actually planned to ride on Saturday morning, FRIM Dream Trail. Anxious to ride is Jackson with his newly built bike.. KHS Alite 500d, if I'm not mistaken, in nice blood red ! Thus his nick, RED DRAGON.. Which actually comes from his previous frame, rite ?
Anyway... waking up on Saturday morning to a major disappointment, as it was raining heavily ! SMS was flying between me and Andrew (BR), contemplating on whether to go ahead with the ride or not. Ended up no ride.. Not a really good start to the long weekend holidays.

But apparently, there were others who did ride the Dream Trail despite the heavy rain. Which lead to quite a heated exchange of words in the FAK forum. So if you haven't known about it yet, here is the link : http://www.fakawitribe.com/tribaltalk/viewtopic.php?t=1564
Should bring you up-to-date on what happened...

Now.. Back to the ride in Kiara.....

As I've mentioned above, it was just the 3 of us that morning. Me and Keat reached TTDI at 8am, so while we've waiting for Jackson to arrive. Chat with Omar, who is now a proud owner of a new KHS XC full sus frame.
Oh.. also Aserk joined us soon after. I think it was a good deal, they (both Omar & Aserk) bought the frame + X9 RD + X9 shifter, all for under RM2000 each. Tell that isn't a steal !

Once all suited up, Jackson arrived in due time. So we made our way up to tarmac X-junction.. Try as I may, still I ended up last reaching the junction. No worries... From there proceed on to Tokong. Jackson of course went off 1st.. Me and Keat slowly made our way up the off-road climb.. This ride, I pushed myself to ride up rather than push up most of the way. Didn't want Jackson to wait up there for too long mar..

Upon reaching Tokong, Jackson was already sitting down resting waiting for us. I think he gone up to Janis Junction and back down again. But damn I was tired... Well, it was suppose to be a quick stop for a smoke and then proceed back down to SC junction. But then soon after, Tony arrived with another guy.. pretty soon Pat also reached Tokong, also with another guy. Seems like each of them are trail guiding a newbie to Kiara. New to trail, but not new to MTBiking. One of them was using a bike with internal gears hub. Cool ! And a real rare item...

The 1st thing Pat said to us was, "Who was the one that said, shove the shovel up the ass ?". I just smiled widely and pointed to Keat, who already had his hand up in the air. Hehehehe... "Nothing like being straight to the point", said Pat. Then Tony admitted that they did ride the Dream Trail in the rain also, but then again, they were the ones who built the trail. So they would know where is ridable, where to push and what not.. We just laugh it out.. And then Pat explained how bad damage the few days of heavy rained has caused to the Dream Trail.

Oh well, after our smoke.. Pat, Tony and gang headed up.. It was downhill for us, back down reverse and then to SC and complete off the short ride. Letting Jackson go 1st, cause don't wanna hog the trail.. I went down 2nd and Keat followed behind. This is where my fun starts.. After pushing myself to pedal as much uphill, now I get to enjoy the downhill part of the ride.

But.... sadly it was so... Half down from Tokong, I started to feel fatigue at my knees and my wrists. Never felt like that before.. Thought that I'll enjoy the downhill, like on 4th Feb. Sigh... Had to slow down quite abit, my legs weren't able to take it. Reaching to SC enterance, I decided to head out to the tarmac, giving SC a miss. Oh well... Live to ride another day..

The usual after ride TCSS took place at the mamak stall beside KSH. But this time we were joined by John (riding KBB's Klein ; another rare item). This round of TCSS was quite a long one, we discussed about riding tips and skills. How to climb uphill better.. Practically it was Jackson sharing his knowledge and experience. I, for one, has picked up a few tips and eager to try it on the next ride ! Especially during uphill climb, I have the front fork bobbing problem. Need to learn how to manage my pedal power transfer. If not memang wasting energy only...

Another thing I wanna share.. After ride, after everything lar... Went back home and I took a short nap. Thought wanna ride round taman again in the evening. But when I woke up, oh damn ! For the 1st time, both my wrists were aching, kind of sore and no energy feeling. Made me think that it could be time to invest in a carbon flat handlebar.. Only few days before I was proudly telling CS that I'm happy with my bike set up liow. Can't put all upgrading plans on hold 1st.. Guess I spoke too soon liow... The problem could probably be solved, by (minor) adjustment to the Vanilla preload. That is what CS suggested, no harm trying. Since now don't have to budget for the Easton cockpit and seatpost yet..

See how the next ride goes.. Which is really just around the corner..

Signing off...

~::NK the wOOfer::~

3 comments:

Vincent said...

hey i am looking for friends to ride. reside in subang jaya and just popping by the blog.

CenseSence© said...

hahaha...u from subang also?

Anytime, you can drop me a call.
For ride info or meet up, can leave us an masssage at hardtailers.20.forumer.com

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to create a custom theme for my iPhone. Does anyone know how I can actually make it myself? I don't want to download anything like un-lockable because I want it to be my own so I can upload it to cydia when the theme is complete. Please help!



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]