Monday, March 05, 2007

Ride @ FRIM : 4th March '07

Greetings all... Since last week, we didn't get to ride together. CS and Jackson did a photography coverage on the MKX downhill race. Hmmmm... I wonder where are the photos ? But anyway.. lets get back to the ride blog. Lately work schedule has been really really hectic. This whole week, I'll be working at site. Don't know if will get to ride for the coming and next weekend or not...

We all gathered in front of the FRIM primary school car park at almost 8:30am. No thanks to me and Keat for arriving late. But then good also, if not for us being late... We wouldn't have met with 3 other riders, Zul (who we all thought was Chinese), Rizal and Syeikh. Please let me know if I've misspell your names. They were 1st timers riding in FRIM and wanted to tag along with us. No problem lar, the more the merrier.. XTC and frens, arrived slightly later as well, but then they wanted to ride Rover track. We opted not to...

It was just the 7 of us, headed to the Bukit Hari track. From the start, I tried to follow behind Zul. Another learning process for me... Seeing how he can control the bike during uphill uneven terrain. Sorry ya, hard for me to explain. I honestly tried.. but just can't form the proper sentence for it. Anyway, I was following behind Zul, all the way till after the last uphill climb to Steriod Valley / Junction. He stopped to wait for his friends, I think. I continue on, which by now, starting to feel fatigue liow. Memang lar, follow behind a kou sau... Keat then overtook me, which later Zul also managed to overtook me liow.

Steriod Valley / Junction, the usual spot for our rest and TCSS. Here are some photos... Thanks to CS for his suggestion. If not also wouldn't have got Photo #2.

Ride in FRIM - 4th March 2007
[Hardtail'ers : The Gathering]

Ride in FRIM - 4th March 2007
[Heavenly Bikes]

Note : Please click on the photos, if you wanna view them in larger size. Enjoy !


Now, thanks to motivation from Jackson. All of us made our way up Steroid Hill... God knows when was the last time I attempted to climb Steroid Hill. Like I said, thanks to motivation from Jackson.. Which he was cheering me on from the start.. Till like Quarter of the way, I stopped to rest. Seeing Zul already rested on the side, me also like patah semangat liow... Keat and Jackson carried on without me. Both of them went on all the way to the top.. I steady, pedaled on till the half way mark. Where both Syeikh and Rizal was resting there, cheering on Zul to make it to the top. Here we TCSS awhile.. Zul already complaining to give up liow. Nevertheless... I moved on 1st while they rested. Already pushing more than riding liow, but still I'm satisfied ! Knowing that at least I made it all the way to the top. I think by then, almost 8 other riders have overtook me and made down the other side liow.

Finally reaching the top.. Saw a guy there with a Scrambler bike (125cc), was told later that he is a FRIM ranger. There making his rounds... and a freaking cool way to travel around. He did warned us to be careful ! Cause wild animals have been spotted, namely ; TIGER, BEAR and PANTHER.. I kid you not, he also advised us to carry a small rambo-like knife - just in case..

Finally once the rest arrived to the top of Steroid Hill.. It was another short break, basically to rest our lungs. TCSS and a quick puff of power stick. On the saying, what goes up - must come down.. We proceeded to bomb downhill, me letting them go first. Don't wanna block ppl's way mar.. My legs were tired out liow, so I went down slow and steady.

Guess what... Another round of resting and TCSS.. This ride memang relaxing ! Guess so, after the heavy duty climb up Steroid Hill. Which Jackson said gonna push me more the next ride up Steroid. Hehehehe... Can't wait ! So resting at the pondok, managed to snap some photos.

Ride in FRIM - 4th March 2007Ride in FRIM - 4th March 2007
[Zul's race-ready machine]

Ride in FRIM - 4th March 2007
[Clockwise: Keat, Zul, Rizal, CS, Jackson, Syeikh]

Oh I need to mention that, Rizal.. He rode up Steroid Hill reverse, just to come downhill among the rubber trees, or Rubber Tree track - as what I called it. Sorry kawan, I wasn't ready with the camera, didn't shoot video of your cool downhill. Next time, let me know earlier mar...

From there we headed back to the carpark liow.. No more stopping, it was all the way back...

Back at the carpark.. The standard lar... TCSS... What else can we talk about, if not for bikes and their parts ? Our CS will be the guru, he will have all the answer to any of our questions. And we tried to poison our new-found-friends into using coil spring fork ! Heheheehehe... Since Zul was complaining about (still) trying to get the correct settings for his air fork.

We exchanged contact numbers, with the promise that we'll ride again together soon. And with that friendly gesture, marked the end of our Sunday morning ride. Of course for the 4 of us, we made our way to the ever-famous FRIM wan thann minn.. All of us had mar minn, guess it was well worth it...

Till (my) next ride...

~::NK the wOOfer::~

No comments: