Monday, October 09, 2006

My (blog) ride @ Kiara - 08/10/2006

I think CS The Major has done a very good job with the introduction of our ride on Sunday morning. And for the record, the video hor, I was the one holding the camera ! How good ar my skills ?? Blowing my own horn..

Anyway back to the ride blog... Lets just keep it short this time and not another novel...

So.. Started the ride, everything was okay. But then once reached the tarmac X-road, started to feel tired liow. At that time the haze nowhere to be seen / smelt. Break for a short while and then continued on up towards Twin Peak and stopped awhile @ Tokong, needed to catch my breathe. Resting also @ Tokong, was Jimster and Fish.. Along with many other DHill'ers (KSH group).. OH ! Also the German guy with his
TOMAC ELI <-- sweet sweet frame. Who eventually joined us from Janice Junction onwards. Finally got to see Kit back in action. Another short powerstick break, we (NKs, CS, Fish, Jimster & Tomac Eli) headed to Twin Peak. Coming to an open area, Twin Peak (i think).. It was clear that the haze was getting worst ! Makes me wanna go home and hide indoors. As you can see from the photos taken, damn ! From this point onwards I was feeling tired liow. Drinking much more water than usual.. Doesn't matter, still very determined to finish the ride ! For sure, thanks to the Vanilla R, my arms weren't feeling as tired. Plus more confidence in clearing the drops / downhill.. Though I was going quite slow, but at least I managed to clear most of the trail. Slowly but surely type of thingy. After coming back out through Snake & Ladder, I was already feeling washed out. Managed to rest longer this time, thanks to Fish and his bunny hops. He punctured his tyres or rather tube. Ironically, he asked us before the start of the ride if we were carrying spare tubes. Jokingly we told him of our RM20 per tube change charges, and RM25 price from CS. Never thought that he would need a tube, in fact TWO tubes. He kind of spoilt the 1st spare tube, while he was inflating it. FUNNY man ! 2 tubes in less than 10minutes !

Once that is done with, we started to ride 2K. Don't know which way we went also, at the place where to video was taken. I was dead tired liow.. Almost to seeing stars.. Still can tahan.. Certain parts of the trail, just dun think
GO only. Somewhere along the way, dunno what happened, I fell down the ravine ! YEAH MAN ! Suddenly I was slidding down the ravine.. Cause the soil was soft, I was simply slidding down. Had to support myself with my leg to keep me from falling more. My handlebar was caught with my CamelBak strap, so I was pulling the bike down on me at the same time. Thought I wanna rest awhile on the soft ground. BUT then I realised that I destroyed an ANT NEST !! Sigh... Just dunno what happened, bike mabuk la.. Luckily had help from NKeat and CS.

Wait... The best part is yet to come.. Continue on, wanna finish up 2K. Caught up with the guys, then
suddenly my legs decided to fall asleep. I stopped, rested my hand on the tree trunk. Wanted to put my foot down and get off the bike. Next thing I know, I have fallen (again) sideways ! As if I was on clipless.. Gonna blame it on the haze !

Finishing 2K, we set off to Shriner.. The climb up to the Shriner enterance was really tiring. Resting at the enterance, met up again with those DHill'ers from KSH. So we offered them to go down 1st, since they should theoretically be faster than us. Starting to go down Shriner, I was totally tired.. Only thing I can think of is to complete and go home ! Plus I have to add that my stomach was growling liow... Going down Shriner was smooth.. Cleared like 80% all the way, only few of the tight drop switchbacks couldn't - mental blocked out. Just wanna faster reach home...

Realised something new today, feeling darn tired.. So certain drops, the brain refuse to think liow, just whack only ! The Carnival 3 drops, usually I approach it slow and steady, this time (tired out liow) I just let go brakes and zoom down..
CLEARED and Survived = So happy ! I still think it is cause of the Vanilla R upgrade. OR it could just be psychology.

At the IBM (now VADS) traffic light junction, saw Fish pushing his bike. Can't believe it that he punctured his front tyre
AGAIN ! Sigh... This is just not his day.. Tiring ride for all, TCSS at the mamak. Off to home...

(Finally) THE END...

Brought to you by...
::NK Merida @ the wOOfer::

No comments: