Monday, October 16, 2006

My (blog) ride @ Kiara - 15/10/2006

testing testing... Isn't it just time for another blog from myself ? Yours truly, the wOOfer !

Quite honestly there is nothing much to blog about last Sunday's ride (15/10). Out of 8 in the group, 5 of us were still feeling the alcohol effect from the previous nite outing. Lets not forget the what little amount of sleep we had !

On Saturday nite; Major, Tweeter and myself, had a nite outing of dinner and movie. We went to The Curve for dinner @ Italinnies, then proceeded for movie. Devil Wears Prada is not typically a chick flick, but the storyline is all about the corporate and working life of a high profile job. After a good laugh in the movie, we had few drinks before heading home. But of course it wasn't just us 3 batangs... Here are some photos from that nite out !
From SE K800i From SE K800i

Now... about the ride... That Sunday morning, alarm was set at 6am, sadly I didn't even realised that it even rang. Thankfully, automatically woke up at 7am. Considering that by the time we slept was almost 3am.. So it was quite the achievement. When Major called to confirm going, I was hoping for him to say wanna cancel the ride. But alas, got my lazy ass up also ! Even during the drive to Kiara, was contemplating if we should detour and head to FRIM instead. Doesn't matter, Kiara also.. coz since Fish make it all the way from Klang..

Sad thing was, even with the heavy rain the day before.. The haze doesn't seem to be getting any better. Damn sad... Why do we have to put up with this yearly ?

Start ride, still managed to ride up to tarmac X-junction. Which was where we met Jimster and Robby. The usual rest and powerstick break.. 1st is to tackle 2K. Due to the rain, the trail was WET ! Little traction was available, even for my 2.3 tyres. It was a scary feel to loose control of the tail of the bike. Even the slippery roots placed a problem..

Exitting the 2K trail, it was a slight uphill pedal (again).. I had additional push from behind, RedDragon (RD) was giving me support from behind. Which was good ! Made the climb uphill a breeze for me.. THanks ! =)

Going to Bar-a-kuda, it was a 1st for me.. And seeing the marvel landscape of the fallen tree. That was really something to behold.. Next ride, I'm going to Kiara armed with my prosumer camera. Wanna take some shots of my own. Then from there... bla bla bla... bla... bla bla... bla.. bla.. bla.. yada yada yada...

Joining back to Snake & Ladder, Major realised that he broke his brake lever. Had to bring out 1st aid kit, tape out the edge coz sharp and may cut his fingers.. See, even bikes need to use the 1st aid kit. From there onwards, we split path.. Myself and Major opted to go back through Shriner and not climb to Tokong. The rest headed up to Tokong..

From there it was downhill all the way... Wwoo Hoooo... CRASH BOOM BANG !!! It was like WTF ! How come suddenly this fella fall sideways wan ? Can't believe it !
Then on, I took the lead.. Quite pressure also knowing a fast rider is tailing u. But good also, made me clear the switchbacks faster than before.. I think I prefer to draft, rather than lead.. At least drafting can follow the leader's line and less the pressure, but with the same speed (hopefully).

Usual lor, TCSS at the mamak beside KSH.. This time we were sitting at the mamak for quite long. Everyone like too damn tired to move liow.. All just resting and enjoying the TCSS session. For sure, we were knocked out the whole afternoon... After washing up the bike etc etc, it was good sleep all the way till dinner time. With the rain in the evening, such good lullaby..

At least something good from the Sunday ride.. For me at least.. Got this photo before the ride.. Oh yeah, forgot to add that NOW my Vanilla R got deep deep deep scratches liow. YUP ! Exactly 3 scratches.. I very the sakit hati.. but nevermind, coz the Vanilla R is not for sale (ever).
From SE K800i

OVER and OUT...

::N.Keong @ The wOOfer::

No comments: