Sunday, July 15, 2007

Release from the ICU

The day finally came ! Oh yeah... After I think almost 2 weeks of waiting and disappointment, which could not be avoided. But whatever it is... The important thing is that finally Tank Fobia is out of the ICU, Project Maheez Medical Center. Thanks the great hands of Dr. Armijn.

We, as in CS and myself, arrived at Project Maheez late evening. We had a detour and had a quick dinner before making our way to Project Maheez. Together with me, I had the carbon seat post, headset / stem cap and the XTR chain.. These were the few last minute add on parts for my bike. As you know, the XTR chain was left to soaked in the ICE WAX.

When we arrived, I was so glad to see my bike on the working stand.. Shows that work was done. What a sigh of relief when Armijn said that my bike was ready. Which was when I handed over to him the XTR chain... Basically the bike was ready once the new chain was installed and tuned. Here is a close up shot (by CS)...

BLING BLING
New hubs :: New chain :: New cassette

Oh... That is not all... Don't recall if I told you about my Deore crank. Armijn called before and said that the crank was UN-removable. Barbaric methods had to be used... Well, nothing was documented, but for sure... Here is the outcome...

What was left of my Deore crank
FUBAR Deore crank

So when it was my turn to test ride my Tank Fobia... Realised the real tire was touching the frame. Been having this problem from the start liow. Armijn said that it was the spokes length. 1 side shorter than the other, or something like that.. If he would have told me earlier, I would have gotten them spokes replaced as well. Doesn't matter, all in not lost ! Solution... Changed to new tire ! Maxxis High Roller 2.35.. Which surprisingly was a thinner tire compared to my ex-Specialized Enduro 2.3inch. So... With all my problems solved. Only thing left to do was to pay for the service and be on my way. Total damage was RM420nett. Of course, that is not including the other parts bought from the other bike shops.
Whatever it is... I got my bike back ! And now in smooth running condition, hope it stays that way...
Out from Project Maheez

There after, we were supposed to join those other bloggers at Friendster Cafe. But somehow, we literally back tracked our way out. Instead we headed down and join my high school friends for a gathering.. Nothing like being in the company of people that knows your name... We met at OldTownKopitiam Taipan USJ. Just a sample, more photos can be viewed at our HT's Forum...
Gathering of friends @ OldTownKopitiam

I'll be pretty much riding on road, over the weekdays, whenever possible. Have to revive my stamina mar.. If not how to even make it up to Kiara's tarmac cross junction ?

That is all... It is already Monday morning, I'm staying to feel cranky liow. Signs of Monday Blues, for sure !

~::NK the wOOfer::~

No comments: