Thursday, July 12, 2007

<~::XTR::~>

Really... for real, I made cake last night..

As you might have known by now, I've got a few purchased parts - all yet to be installed. Still nicely hidden from the sun, stored in my cabinet drawer. So finally getting the parts and the bike back together. In fact, at this current moment, my Tank Fobia is en route to Project Maheez. Body guarded by both Keat and CS. Heheheheehe...

Wait... TCSS stories later.. Now back to my XTR cake 1st...

Last night, I finally took out my XTR chain.. Sprayed it heavily with WD40, with the intention of washing away the grease / lube already on the chain. Honestly, not really that effective.. Then hor I kasi wash the fella with KAO Attack ! powder. Washed it double time, still not good enough.. After drying the chain, can still feel the lube still on the chain.
Finally, I used dish washing liquid... Soaked it in the k
itchen basin, luckily parents were out watching news on the TV. Mom would shout at me for doing that.. Anyhow, after soaking it awhile then rinsed it. The chain became BLING BLING ! Here... see below...
See how clean the XTR chain is... So once I dried it, using old newspapers and kitchen paper towels. I put the chain into a plastic container. The only thing left to do is to drown it with ICE WAX... I think I must have squeezed almost half a bottle of the ICE WAX, at least quarter of the new bottle went into soaking the XTR chain.
Actually I think it looks more like custard, rather than cake.. But definitely not something appetizing. Gonna leave it so soak till Saturday afternoon.. Then, wipe off the excessive ICE WAX, give it a nice rinse. DONE ! ! ! I think so... Have to ask CS and see if correct or not. After all he is the one that taught me these steps...

Now, back to some TCSS stories.. Was on the phone with Armijn, got to know that he might be going down to Singapore tomorrow for a day trip. Or rather a shopping trip to me, grab bike parts. Heheheehehe... Apa lagi, I pun kasi pesan sama dia.. Tolong angkat 1 set RED mavic rims, itupun kalu dia ada jumpa itu barang. Oh oh... Ade jugak kirim dia beli itu Salsa RED hubs QR.

So hopefully, by Saturday evening.. I'll have my bike all ready, with all the upgraded parts. Plus hopefully some more added new parts from Singapore ! Gonna collect my bike, just before going for the Malaysia Blogger's Day @ Friendster Cafe...

wOOfer out

~::NK the wOOfer::~

No comments: