Thursday, February 12, 2009

TANK rims

2009 ! 2009 ! 2009 ! This will be the year that I start back my weekend rides. Have been neglecting my bike for ages liow, so much so that I can't remember when was the last ride... I know I have bought 2 or 3 extra spare tubes. Had a puncture... and then it was an excuse not to ride.
Need to kill off all excuses not to ride... Looking at the mirror, don't really like what I see. Getting way and above the heavy weight liow, HAPPY weight !

So so... few things that I wanna do to my bike TANK Fobia (if can still remember it is called).

1. Rims... As hell I still want back my RED rims. It is just for the bling bling factor.. Which was why Keat showed me on bbs (www.bicyclebuysell.com), Tank wheelsets for sale. In fact there are two for sale,1 set in white and 1 in red.















I wonder why are there so many TANK products for sale. Is there a sudden demand for it ? I thought that there is a stigma of riders with TAIWAN products ???

Ok... back to the topic of my rims...

Which would look better ? The white rims are really so damn tempting... Both going for the same price of RM480, from a guy in Penang.

The thing is that I need to rebuilt the whole wheelset again. Cause I realised my Tank frame, the rear triangle is not really that "straight". So the rims need to aligned a lil to 1-side, can't remember which le...

2. Need to do some minor tuning to the gears... A lil jumpy...

3. Front disc pads needs replacement, which I have already bought. I wonder if KSH still carry them replacement pads or not. Since these MAGURA Julie are quite old liow... And entry level only. Maybe I need to consider Hayes ???

4. Gotto repair the zip for my Camelbak ! Don't really wanna change my Camelbak... Cause no need le. Spend the cash on rims... hehehehe... =P Too bad le, I am just a sucker for RED color !

Hmmm... Looking a the shot of my bike... This was taken quite long ago liow.
IMG_1037

I think the RED rims might look best... Since the frame color scheme doesn't have any white..

Oh well... It has been all talk... Actually... the 1st step, I have gotto get the Thule rack back onto my car !

No comments: