Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine Day Aftermath

Hello all... Still getting some hits on this site. So lets just keep this going... Although this is a joint blog, which started with the few of us Hardtail riders (CS, Jackson, Keat and myself). Since all of us have been doing almost ZERO rides. Guess it'll soon be taken over by me... Actually I have never like blogging. Wonder how there are so many celebrity blogger ! Got so many things to write about meh ? At nite cannot sleep also wanna blog... WAH LAU wei ! Some more can make money by internet advertistment.

Yeah yeah... I know... Jealousy will get me nowhere... WHATEVER ! ! !

This morning on my drive to work, was listening to mix.fm as usual. It is already 2 FULL days after V'day, so they think it is now safe to discuss on the bad side of Valentine's Day. Listeners were calling in telling their good and bad "experience"... Well (apparently) Serena C and Pietro spent their Valentine's Day being SINGLE. So leaving it as that, I managed to listen to 2 callers. Almost 2 extreme ends, 1 good and 1 ugly !

The GOOD

This lady called up... Saying that she had the best Valentine's Day. Woke up to a Breakfast-In-Bed, got up from bed... Only to be surprised with a new shinny anklet, secretly put on by her better half while she was asleep. Then a quiet romantic dinner for two, hand cooked by her guy. And the nite day ended, I would imagine with passionate love making... Only at the end she revealed that they are married.

I think I should ask my married colleague... See what they did for their Valentine's Day. Wonder if any of them guys will reveal their romantic side of them. Then again, why wanna probe into colleagues' personal life rite ???

The UGLY

She called to tell of her traumatic expereince. Things with her (now) ex-bf, went ugly. And he got physical on her, not sexual but the abusive type... She just stayed home and was still scared to go out. Of course not much details were revealed over the airwaves of course. Then again, lately domestic violence have been getting much attention, thanks to the Chris Brown and Rihanna...

How is it that some ladies can stay and stand with an abusive partner ? Like the caller said, she knows that he is going through some stress from work le... Things have happened... This and that, giving him leverage and thinking that things will change ! Sometimes love can make us so damn blind... But I think more of she is just being STUPID ! Got me thinking, cause in Uni time, there was another girl friend with the same problem. Physically abusive boyfriend...

Actually... come to think of it... If you are not in their shoes, we won't know what it feels like. Wo
n't know what to do. Berat mati memandang, berat lagi bahu memikul, pedih lagi hati merana... Bottomline is, I'm totally against all this violence.. What more for myself, who is really a short tempered guy. But I have never (this far) have had the urge or thought of hitting my girl. Pray that I'll not be the beast like those bastards have become..

What a twist of blog... I actually wanna heheehehe... SHOW OFF my new watch..

It has been the longest time that I have been looking for a new watch for myself. Looking at those normal cheaper ones, like GUESS and Fossil or even Seiko. Secretly I think I memang wanted a Swiss Made watch. TISSOT is of course is 1 of the cheaper SWISS watch available in the market.

So... I first saw this watch in Mid Valley actually.. Which actually was picked up by Norraine. Hmmm... I'm thinking now, what were we doing in Mid Valley that nite ? Kind of many things happened during that particular day...

There after... the following weekend, I was at Chili's BSC. From the outside, can see memang the shop is high class... Saw a couple looking at the Bretling display. Oh well, just go in lor... Cause saw got TISSOT there... Also OMEGA, TAG, Mont Blanc, BALL, ORIS... among others.

Went in only.. Was attended by an elder lady, only then realised that the model, TISSOT RACING was not there on display. So she took out the catalogue book, asked me to find.. I pulak no idea what the name of the model that time. Called over to a younger guy, explained to him vaguely. He knew it straight away ! And the best thing was... he was serving a couple looking at BRETLING watches... Wa... small fry like me, looking at TISSOT also he come over. Hehehehe...

Ok lor... Was told to come back on Wednesday, cause that is when they'll be getting new TISSOT stock. As I was walking around moving over to Bretling, he softly told me... "give me 30..." I reached out for the calculator... Keyed in the figures, and he said YES. Wah.. Happiness... Never thought that a high end shop like this gave such good service and good price ! I scout around in other shops, WATA Time especially... Damn the lan si. Never even bother to greet. Just like pretend don't see you walking around in the shop. Memang double standard...

So then... come Valentine's Day... Despite a very rough start, there were some small small issues that we didn't agree on. Became quite a tension between us. Nearing to dinner time, we decided to go back to the shop to have a look. I have been thinking about that watch ever since anyway... Like poison, and the watch was the antidote.

The moment walked in only... The guy recognized me, and straight away told the sales girl, what I came for... A BINGO ! It was there... with my name written all over it. Not literally of course... Well, so that was SET !

At the same time... since we were there and I have not bought her anything for Valentine.. I asked her to picked 1 watch for herself. Seeing the price of TISSOT for ladies are not that expensive. The cheapest was going for RM590, add in with the 30% discount. She took a very very very long time to finally decide on the model that she wanted. So much so... that I had time to go toilet, tummy upset. STUPID prawns from Bubba Gump @ The Curve. Went down to the car, to get my 2 GUESS watches - dropping them in for repairs.

Oh well... She decided... I was ok... Though it was a lil on the high side. But nevermind le... Still can cover. RM970 for another TISSOT PRC100 - woman's chronography watch. Not a bad price for a Swiss Made watch.

The nite... nicely and quietly ended without any drama. We decided to ta pou back fried noodles as our dinner. Initially planned to go Sri Ayuttha, but with the big spending. Don't think it is possible.. Save up as much I guess.
At least... watch is more useful. Tell time... and date. Ma
kes more sense than buying diamonds ? Of course we should only buy diamonds for the right reasons. The right reason for me, has not come yet.

I am happy that I finally got a new watch... Come to think of it, the GUESS watch I have been wearing, has been following for like 10 years now. Hope that it can be repaired, and at an economical price also. If not no point rite ? Better go buy another new one... As for her, she is happy with the new watch. And an expensive one at that... But moeny well spent. Both of us left the shop happily smiling...

Of course can't beat another rich couple who came in to the shop.. Talking all loud but not to
o rudely. Can tell, these are from the Mile High Club type. Asked the sales girl what watch were they buying, cause I saw the red box... so nice mar. She told it was a OMEGA... Nevermind... was told that they are regulars... Always come and buy watches for friends ! DAMN ! ! ! I also wanna be their friend ! No need much, just 1 OMEGA watch is enough liow...

That is that... And it was a very very memorable Valentine's Day for me. Which I think is my 1st time to actually celebrating Valentine's Day...

2 comments:

OceanusGirl said...

Use your heart and not your ears to listen. The times you have shared can be a beautiful memory and not perished within the flames of anger. People tend to say things they do not meant when they are in midst of anger and confusion. Do not let that cloud your judgment.

The love that was there is definitely a beautiful one.

And yes, I have been following your blog ever since your bike/ride reports. I am glad you've been blogging again.

In love there shouldn't be regrets, for the times you have shared, the laughter, the tears of joy and sorrow can never be found again.

::N.Keong:: said...

Hey... Ms OceanusGirl,

1st, thank you so much for following this blog. I really never knew that we've got a follower. Thank you again...

I really agree with you on how there should be no regrets in love and break ups. And yes I've had good memories of some. But sometime circumstances changes... Which is a whole new long story, if wanna blog about. Better not taint the blog...

For sure, there is no regrets... What's done has been done. Live on and move on. Single life have been treating me quite well.

Now is to get back on the saddle and start riding again...