Sunday, March 07, 2010

Rides again

This posting should have been done long time ago, which actually it was done, but then I didn't save and then exit. And all gone la. Now I know lor, 1st time using blog app with iPhone mar...

Last weekend was a long weekend... Had Friday off, good thing bout being in Malaysia, many public holidays. Took the chance to start riding again. Damn as hell I'm so out of shape thus the decision to start riding again.

And riding I did start back, together with my colleague and his wife. As always FRIM is always good for starters. So we arranged to meet at 730am, didn't they were late, the ride matters. We started the scenic route, Bukit Hari trail if I'm not mistaken. Hey it has been almost 2 years since I actively ride... It was a test of my stamina.

I guess before I proceed on with the short ride blog, should tell bout the preparation the nite before. Spent nite with mama mia DVD playing, changing tubes and tires. Was just a tiring ordeal actually... Been awhile mar... Feeling was great prepare all my stuffs the nite before.

Back to the ride...

Headed upto the trail... I took the lead. Didn't quite waited for them cause I thought that they were fast mar. Just go lor, as much as my feet can pedal, working hard pushing my 100kg weight uphill. Ok la... Still can pace myself uphill then again the trail is dubbed as a highway. Hehehe... So yeah... I did take a break, to wait for them. In which....




It feels damn good hearing the zing from the 24 engagement Tank Lights hubs and the ling long from the bear bell. Let's not forget the clean air. The sweat soaked tiredness and a certain numbness - priceless.

Little did I know...

Coming the a downhill section of the trail, bit of the rocky part, try la... Bomb only downhill. Felt the tail was flying everywhere, rear tire too much pressure. It was bouncing everywhere... Next thought that came across my mind was damn don't let the tire blow. So I stopped and pppsssssssssssrttttt... I've got a flat !
Bah ! Luckily I've got spare tubes. Should have brought more tubes, as I was done, 2 rider chicks came along. 1 of them had a flat... Pretty hardcore rider chicks.. And I mean pretty...

There after it was pretty standard by the books. It was a test of nerve actually going downhill again. Single track so no worries lor... But still need to build up guts again. End of it a good sweat out ride.

That is not the end of the weekend ride.

On Sunday morning, another ride... With my all time kaki, Keat. This time decided to take the Rover trail, more scenic route. With joggers and walkers on the same trail, a bit tricky at certain sections.

But... The best part... It was Crap goin uphill. Damn as hell didn't make it all the way. Felt all flat out dead tired... Really gave up. Stopped to rest at the end of Dream Trail, konon la macam just finish...
Damn long lor rest there, my legs were on the verge of getting cramp. Survived la... The rest of the trail felt endless...

That's it la !!! 2 things was then confirmed. First we were heading to wann tann minn for sure. And that I'm damn out of shape. So I've decided to ride more... Now that photography has taken a slow slow pace. Bah ! Another disappointment... But that's another story ain't it.

This weekend... No ride. Couldn't wake up, was working till 4am - for real ! So another weekend missed. Thinking now if I should ride after work tomolo. Reverse up to FRIM sg buloh trail... Sigh... Decide later. Now to enjoy the rest of my evening. I've got The Godfather III playing on and just finish my cup of Bailey's.




That's all... Got a few more things I wanna blog about. Time time and time... Need to steal more time...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: