Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mind blasted and twisted by brute torque power

I know I know... I should have blogged about the past 2 rides I had over the past 2 weekends. But it has really been a hectic week for me, sleeping at 4am for like 3 nite in a row. Totally tired out... But hey... Work work work aside. The previous weekend had kind of reunion ride with the FAKAWI group. Which was a good meet up with the old kaki kayuh. Another thing unique is that Cycling Asia was covering the ride, kind of doing a write up for FAKAWI. I wonder if there will be any pic of me in the mag ? But hey some cam whore pics...



After ride... Mud bath and sweat soaked.


See this is why u need to wear eye protection.

So this weekend office organized a Family Gathering in FRIM. Nothing to really shout about. It was a ride just Saiful and me, pushed thru the Dream Trail. Pathetic kan... Used to clear those technical sections but now no balls liow.

But the main highlight of my weekend was the car hunting window shopping Sunday. After a craving satisfied Japanese lunch at Rakuzen, with Shannon. After a short break back in Subang Hse to catch the start of the F1 race in Albert Park.

Together with Shannon, too bad Bernard could join, we first went to Mazda showroom in Glenmarie. Which i think is totally fuck up. Coz really the sales guy no doubt layan la but then like as if he is not happy to be working. Didn't help that couldn't test drive the Mazda 3, was start the car also cannot. Macam double standard service la ni...

Then we went to Hyundai coz Shannon wanted to see the new Sonata. But not in the showroom yet... Still the i30 was eye catching ! With a 2.0 power horse but a bit shabby interior, much like proton feel.
Moving on next to Peugeot showroom. Just to see what the 307 turbo has to offer. Anyway I wasn't too keen, just give it a look see. As like the next car.... But like I said, no one layan us cause there was another customer was there with the family. More potential buyer lor.

Now............. Check this out.



Sweet racing stripes... But does it really deserves it ???

Sat inside the car... Then the elderly sales lady immediate asked if I wanted a test drive, so Hell Yeah ! The Ford showroom along Federal Highway is like socmuch more relax...

Test drive... Slowly reverse my way out. Together with another potential buyer, he wanted to feel how comfy it was sitting behind. So car full...

Exiting the showroom main gate. Floor the pedal and damn ! Unexpected wheel spin sialz ! Ok ok... Recompose and reallign the car with the straight clear road ahead. Apa lagi with slight rolling start, put the pedal to the metal... Fuu yoh ! The surge and the turbo kicked in immediately ! Hey... 320Nm worth of brute torque kicking in at 1800rpm ! Shifting in to S mode, to play with the "manual" double clutch 6 speed gears. Instantly felt the 1sec lag in the gear change but it was ok when just running in Sports mode.

Was truly great kept flooring the pedal, to get the turbo surge. But it was more of a straight line speed test. Wasn't much turns and corners for me to test the handling. But Shannon sitting behind said felt a lil body roll. A lil is good enough for me... Nothing some strut bars can't help.

By far it was the best car test drive I ever had.... Reasonably priced. And I think I'll save more than half in fuel expenses. A full tank can stretch for 900km and that's urban and extra urban driving. So I see it going 1000km on a full tank.



I now stand corrected and understand why my uncle kept pushing me to get a diesel powered car. Really powerful low end range and rpm redline at 5000. Cukup la tu since max torque output at 1800rpm.



White is just right. The racing stripe is more obvious and for good reasons...




Damn... Still can't forget the ride... Wanna test drive it again, test out the handling and comfort.

No comments: